Thursday 26 January 2017

Big ride out

Today we decided to look in at the spa we had reserved about 20 miles away.


Its called the Mayfair Hideaway Spa, and how very apt that was.  All I can say is after miles around the back roads, we found ourselves at the wrong side of the river Sal.  Thank heavens for Google maps, although trying to keep logging into my phone, the strong sunshine and my sunnies under my skid lid visor, and hanging on to himself,  it wasn't easy!


Its a 5* Spa and when we arrived looking pretty windblown, a man rushed out of the reception and asked us to park our bike round the back!!!!!  Himself refused and said we were not stopping, only confirming our booking and having a look around.  Mind you when you see this image coming towards you can you blame him!
We had a look around and said we thought it was very nice, even the inside of the toilet was quite special!  This is the view from the ladies sit you down 

Are well, we do see life eh?  So I think we're booked and will have to get Albert the taxi to take us, I dont think I could take the embarrassment of arriving by scooter again!
We found a much quicker route back thanks again to Google Maps, there are very few road signs in this part of the world.  Next time I might just try shoving my selfie stick over Rich's shoulder with my iphone on it so he could see the route - happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment