Thursday 9 March 2017

Trees, bees and butterflies

Today I noticed a tree with long green pods on, I’ve never seen them before, basically because we are usually home by now and the pods have never ripened for us to see. 

It turns out that they are cotton trees and when the pods ripen and then burst open they are full of cotton wool!


Cotton Pods



We have also seen a lot more birds than usual, Sea Eagles, Kites, Egrets, wonderful Kingfishers that are the size of a rook back home.  They look brown when still, but when they fly the underside of the wings are a brilliant Kingfisher Blue


We see lots of butterflies of different colours that are the size of small birds, they float around on the breeze.Related image

Every morning when I go on my walk I have taken on the roll of starfish guardian.  So many of them get washed in by the waves and when you pick them out of the sand they are still wriggling in your hands.  If your not quick the birds come down and peck them, so I wade out to give them a second chance. 

 Related image

No comments:

Post a Comment