Monday 20 January 2014

A close shave with Phil the Blade


I decided to go with himself to the local barbers shop.  Phil the barber ushered us in and we watched him cutting a gentleman’s hair, and a very good job he made.  There was another young guy in the queue but Phil called himself into the chair.  He cleansed his face then applied a moisturiser, then the shaving cream.  He put a new blade in and away he went.  I took a quick photo and legged it, I’ve never liked the sight of blood, but I don’t suppose it would show on the red silk gown.  He made a good job, ears, nose and sideboards, which appear to be getting shorter.  Lin and I wondered if he did women’s legs , but the thought of a brazillian/goan, put us right off!




I seem to remember that I said there were no wandering animals anymore – wrong, there was a frisky steer heading down the main road, helped along by a few whacks from the stall holders whose fruit and veg he’d taken a liking to.

Himself has started talking with an Indian accent,  its very disconcerting, I just hope to him above that he doesn’t start wobbling his head.

Eye up, himself  says I cant hold my stomach in much longer !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment