Wednesday 15 January 2014

Observations so far



Its been 23 years since our first visit and 9 years since our last. Lots has changed, its cleaner, all water is now filtered, significantly less malaria, new cars everywhere, no roaming cattle, just the odd pig, much less poverty, don’t believe what’s in the media.
Technology : The world and his dog has a mobile phone/tablet  with 3G standard everywhere. Most of the kids have IPhone 5’s
Shop prices:
Wholemeal/white bread 25p
Butter 45p
Cheese 1.50
Eggs 40p a dozen
Apples 40p for 6
Grapes 25p bunch
Limes/lemons 2p each
His lordships two new white cotton shirts £2.50 each

Tide washing powder 10 wash 50p and yes I’ve had the Samsung washer going, it does tend to do the hokey cokey between the kitchen cupboards and sounds like a 747 landing but it washes in 28 mins.
Gillette Mach 3 razors £4 and I paid £16 for his lordships last week in Boots
Taxi fare to the beach £1 (3 miles)
Bus to the beach 7p but according to some friends, you get the whiff of armpits and other bits in your face, so its  taxis for me!
Sea front house with small garden 3 bed 2 bath 25k.  Must get my friends with a property portfolio to come out here.

For all our friends concerned about us getting Delhi belly you might guess that as a food safety trainer for 25 years with the Royal Society for Public Health I am very watchful about where we eat and what we eat, and if all else fails I’ve got half of Boots dispensary with me, and for me and only me, – so far so good and I have a large cork for himself!
Tomorrow he is going with Steve to check out the local barbers for a 30rupee cut throat shave, don’t worry kids!


Varca Roman Catholic church, opposite the taxi rank and bus stop. 
 
Anyone for Pork chops?


No comments:

Post a Comment